I have seen Ombre/ dip dye nails before- and I have to say, I was jealous. So I thought as I am such an expert on all things beauty (NOT) I'll give it a go. Those of you who follow me on Instagram will probably be thinking 'Hey she did these ages ago'- That I did, however I did not post a step-by-step guide on how I did it!
Before you begin make sure you have a sponge, the nail varnish colours you desire, a piece of paper and lastly a cotton bud- because let's be honest the right hand always looks shit until you've gone around it with a cotton bud!
1. Paint your nails white! & wait for them to fully dry
(That is if you want the same effect as me)
2. Place about 15-20 blobs of polish onto the paper.
3. Dab the sponge into the blob of nail varnish and begin. Only dab this colour 3/4 of the way onto your nail, like the photo below.
4. Repeat this step just so the colour is more defined.
5. Wait until this partly dry then add 10-15 blobs of your other colour to your paper.
6. Using a different part of the sponge begin dabbing your nail again, this time try and only keep to the bottom 1/4 of your nail.
7. Then add some clear nail varnish when it is dry and tidy the edges and wholaa!
I realise this isn't the best- but for my first ever try i'm pretty impressed with myself!
Lots of love
x x x
Please follow my blog on the right to receive more post from me :) ->